Thursday, April 21, 2016

Daily Reflection: Thursday

Today, we visited the National Museum Of American History and that's about it. We got to sleep in a little bit in the morning since we weren't on a tight schedule so we had time to spare. It felt good even if it was just an extra few minutes, regardless I was still tired. It was strangely cold in the morning which is weird since the climate so far has been moderate and warm. It was overcast however so we might get some rain later tomorrow or the next day.

The Museum of American History shows what you can expect, American History. However it focuses more on the culture of America rather than the dates and the facts. The museums have sections based on politics, money, cars, toys, inventions, and lots of other stuff. The museum gift shop also has stuff about American history and culture. And they have Star Wars stuff.

What I learned today was that the homeless people problem in DC is pretty bad as of now. We've been approached numerous times throughout the week by beggars and yeah I will admit I have given them some money but I know they're just going to buy drugs with it anyways. Today however it happened yet again. This time worse and more pushy than before. And I hate not giving to them cause then I feel bad but I know they'll just buy drugs with it if I do give it to them.

What I liked the most about today was how laid back the day was. We didn't do much and we all got to hang out with each other a lot. I know we do it almost all the time but after being out and about so much over the past few days, it's nice to just chill for a while you know? It was nice to just walk and visit and see new things with no rush or anything to it. Good vibes all around.

What I disliked the most about today would have to be that the Museum didn't have the C3-PO that I wanted to see. Ms.Gill spelled it "CP3O" on the scavenger hunt sheet however and it's kinda funny. Another thing I dislike is the day of Thursday in general. I'll explain, almost every Thursday throughout my life, something bad happens. Now these events vary in seriousness as sometimes they could just be breaking something on accident or accidentally deleting something but other times it can be more serious but I won't go into it. I'm worried still as I right this however, as nothing bad has happened today but I know with my luck something will happen. I can think of one major thing that could go wrong with a certain person but I will not elaborate because I would need a whole different paper about that.

How can today relate to my life? Well, I'm American, I've been around American culture all my life. And while it may be "looked down upon" by other nations, I have no problem with my culture. I will say though, being raised around nothing but American culture can lead to some cluelessness regarding what is and is not acceptable to people of other cultures and backgrounds. Id like to think that I've learned a bit about other cultures thanks to my friends but I'm still pretty clueless sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment